61 AH(Redirected from 61)
|Centuries:||1st century BH – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Years:||58 59 60 – 61 – 62 63 64|
This year is one of the most important years in Lunar Hijri calendar. In this year the tragedy of Karbala took place during which Imam al-Husayn (a), the third Imam of Twelver Shia and his companions were martyred in a battle with the army of Yazid b. Mu'awiya led by 'Umar b. Sa'd.
- Muharram 4 - Speech of 'Ubayd Allah b. Ziyad against Imam al-Husayn (a) in the Mosque of Kufa (October 4, 680)
- Muharram 9 - Day of Tasu'a in which the war against Imam al-Husayn (a) was declared by 'Umar b. Sa'd, but the war was postponed after Imam al-Husayn (a) asked for a night (October 9, 680)
- Muharram 10 - The battle of Karbala took place and led to the martyrdom of Imam al-Husayn (a), his companions and relatives. 10th of Muharram is known as the day of Day of Ashura' and is a very important day for Shia because of what has happened to Imam al-Husayn (a) in 61 AH (October 10, 680 CE)
- Muharram 20 - Burial of Jawn, the servant of Abu Dhar al-Ghifari and one of the martyrs of Karbala (October 20, 680)
- Safar 1 - Arrival of the captives of Karbala and the holy head of Imam al-Husayn (a) in Damascus (October 31, 680)
- Muharram 4 - Qays b. Mushir, envoy of Imam al-Husayn (a) (October 4, 680 CE)
- Muharram 10 - Imam al-Husayn (a) and his companions (October 10, 680 CE)
- Muharram 13 - 'Abd Allah b. 'Afif al-Azdi (October 13, 680 CE)
- Safar 5 – Martyrdom of Ruqayya, the daughters of Imam al-Husayn (a), in the Ruins of Syria (November 4, 680 CE).