Al-Sayyid Ibrahim al-Musawi al-Qazwini(Redirected from Al-Sayyid Ibrahim Musawi Qazwini)
|Full Name||Al-Sayyid Ibrahim al-Musawi al-Qazwini|
|Well-Known Relatives||Muhammad Baqir al-Musawi al-Qazwini|
|Studied in||Karbala, Najaf|
|Professors||Sayyid 'Ali al-Tabataba'i, Sharif al-Din Muhammad Amuli Mazandarani|
|Students||Sayyid Husayn Turk Kuhkamari, Zayn al-'Abidin Tabarsi Barfurushi, Mulla 'Ali Kani, Sayyid 'Asadullah Shafti Isfahani, ...|
|Works||Zawabit al-usul, Sala al-jumu'a, ...|
|He opposed Shaykhiyya|
Al-Sayyid Ibrāhīm al-Mūsawi al-Qazwīnī (Persian: السيد ابراهيم الموسوي القزويني), Ibn Muhammad Baqir Musawi (b. 1214/1799 d. 1264/1848) was a Shi'a faqih and a scholar of usul, and he was the author of Zawabit al-usul. His father was a Musawi sayyid in the city of Khuyin, which was a village near Qazvin.
He then moved to Najaf in order to study Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). He studied there with Shaykh 'Ali Al-i Kashif al-Ghita' (d. 1253/1837), Shaykh Musa Al-i Kashif al-Ghita' (d. 1243/1827), and Sayyid Muhammad al-Mujahid, the author of Al-manahil.
When Qazwini's teacher, Sharif al-'Ulama', died, Qazvini took his place. Soon he became the Shi'a authority followed by Iraqi, Iranian and Indian Shi'as.
Position against Shaykhiyya
Around 1260/1884, controversies over Shaykhiyya (followers of Shaykh Ahmad al-Ahsa'i and Sayyid Kazim Rashti, rose in Karbala. Qazwini opposed this group, and so he underwent a lot of pressure. Since life in Karbala became more and more difficult for him, he had to move to Kazimayn, but he returned to Karbala after a while.
- Sayyid Husayn Turk Kuhkamari
- Zayn al-'Abidin Tabarsi Barfurushi
- Mulla 'Ali Kani
- Sayyid 'Asadullah Shafti Isfahani
- 'Abd al-Husayn Razi
- Mahdi Kajuri
- Muhsin Ardabili
- Muhammad Baqir Khwansari
- Abu al-Hasan Tunikabuni
- Mirza Muhammad Tunikabuni
- Muhammad Karim Mujtahid Lahiji
- 'Ali Muhammad Turk
- Mirza Muhammad Hasan Sarawi
- Mirza Rida Damghani
- Muhammad Tahir Gilani
- Muhammad Sadiq Turk
- Mirza Salih 'Arab.
Here are some works of Qazwini:
- Zawabit al-'usul which is the scripts of Sharif al-'Ulama's courses in usul that have been published in Tehran in 1271/1854.
- Dala'il al-ahkam fi sharh-i shara'i' al-Islam, available as manuscripts in the library of Majlis, Tehran's Malik Library, Vaziri Library in Yazd, and the Royal Isiyatik Library of Bengal.
- Nata'ij al-afkar concerning usul, that has been printed many times.
- An essay in fiqh, that is available as a manuscript in the Central Library of Tehran University, and Tehran's Sepahsalar Library.
Works Attributed to Qazwini
Here are some works attributed to Qazwini:
- Sala al-jumu'a (Friday Prayer)
- Al-qawa'id al-fiqhiyya (Rules of fiqh)
- Al-risala al-rada'iyya (an essay in breastfeeding)
- Al-fiqh al-istidlali
- Risala 'amaliyya
- Hujjiyya al-zann (reliability of probable beliefs)
- And some Arabic or Farsi essays regarding prayers, hajj, the forbiddenness of gossiping (ghiba), cleanliness (tahara), and fasting (sawm).
- The material for writing this article is mainly taken from ابراهیم موسوی قزوینی in Farsi Wikishia.