Hayat Sayyidat al-Nisa' Fatima al-Zahra (a) (Book)
|Hayat Sayyidat al-Nisa' Fatima al-Zahra (a) (Book)|
|Author||Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi|
|Original title||حَیاةُ سَیّدَة النّساء فاطمَة الزَّهْراء دراسة و تحلیل|
|Subject||Biography of Lady Fatima al-Zahra (a)|
|Publisher||Dar al-dhakha'ir al-islamiyya|
Ḥayāt Sayyidat al-Nisāʾ Fāṭimat al-Zahrā; dirāsa wa taḥlīl (Arabic: حَياةُ سَیّدَة النّساء فاطمَة الزَّهْراء دراسة و تحليل, literally: the life of the master of all ladies Fatima al-Zahra; a study and analysis) is a book in Arabic about Fatima al-Zahra (a) written by Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi. The book is a research and analysis of the life, virtues, and practices of Lady al-Zahra (a).
- Main article: Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi
Baqir Sharif al-Qarashi (b. 1344/1925-6 - d. 1433/2012) is a Shiite researcher, historian, and author from Iraq. He attended the advanced courses of Sayyid Abu l-Qasim al-Khoei for about twenty years. Al-Qarashi wrote numerous works, including a collection of books concerning life histories of the Imams of the Shia. Because of the ruling system in Iraq, some of his writings and essays have a political and social flavor to them.
In his lengthy introduction to the book, al-Qarashi makes explicit that he knows of no Islamic figure who is as highly respected and honored as her, and that many Muslim scholars and followers of other religions have discussed her life. He points to works such as al-Kawthar fi ahwal Fatima bint al-Nabi al-athar or I'lamu anni Fatima (beware, I am Fatima) in which different dimensions of the life and character of Lady al-Zahra (a) are provided. There are also works such as Musnad Fatima in which hadiths transmitted by Fatima (a) from her father are cited.
He considers his work as continuous with these previous works with the goal of introducing the character of Lady Fatima (a), characterizing it as a research about the lady of the Islamic world, Fatima (a).
Sections of the Book
The author structures his discussions within the following sections:
- Lineage (the place and characters of her parents)
- Birth and upbringing (time, place, names, titles, and teknonyms)
- Fatima al-Zahra (a) in the Qur'an and the Tradition (exegesis of the Quranic verses of Abrar, Tathir, Mubahala, and an analysis of Hadith al-Thaqalayn and Hadith al-Safina)
- Imam 'Ali’s marriage to Fatima (a) (family practices such as dowry, marriage proposal, marriage formula, poems about their marriage, home and housewifery)
- Children of Fatima (Imam al-Hasan (a), Imam al-Husayn (a), Zaynab al-Kubra (a), Umm Kulthum, Muhsin)
- Scholarly place (Fatima’s aphorisms, thoughts, and jurisprudential views)
- Fatima’s efforts for the Islamic movement
- The major sedition (protection of Imam 'Ali's wilaya and caliphate during the Incident of Saqifa, the story of Fadak)
- Historical speeches (an exposition and interpretation of her speeches)
- Towards the Heaven (age, date of martyrdom, her mausoleum)
- The material for this article is mainly taken from حیاة سیدة النساء فاطمة الزهراء (کتاب) in Farsi WikiShia.